Refund and Exchange Policy
The Great Yellow Brick (Pty) Ltd
Trading as “GYBC”
LEGO Certified Stores South Africa
If you order the goods in advance, we may charge you a reasonable deposit. We may charge a cancelation fee of up to 10% of the purchase price if you cancel the order within 10 days before the agreed upon delivery date.
Returns within 30 days of receipt of goods
GYBC strives to ensure that you are happy with the product you have purchased and if on reflection you decide to return your product, we will endeavour to assist you. You may return most of our products in their new, unopened, undamaged and unused condition within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. Please send an email to email@example.com and we will assist you to return the goods to us. You may incur a cost to courier the product back to us.
Please note the following:
- Sale items cannot be returned, exchanged or refunded.
- Pick-A-Brick cups, Build-A-Minifigure and Gift Cards cannot be exchanged or refunded.
- Item(s) with labeling, stickers, marking/branding from stores other than the LEGO Certified Store will not be exchanged / refunded
- No opened boxes can be returned, exchanged or refunded.
- No damaged boxes can be returned, exchanged or refunded. A damaged box is any box that has noticeable scratches, dents, holes/tears, creases and/or any noticeable change to shape and/or overall integrity of the box.
Wrong item delivered
If we accidentally deliver the wrong product to you:
Please do not remove the product from its original packaging or any of the labels.
Notify us immediately via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will collect the product from you at no charge.
You can then decide if you would like us to:
- deliver the correct item to you as soon as possible (if available); or
- send you a voucher for the purchase price of the product; or
- issue a refund (using the same method of payment you originally used for the purchase). Please note that a refund is not available if the item was received as a gift.
Goods received are damaged
If your goods arrive in a damaged condition or are missing any parts, then we will do our best to resolve the issue. Please notify us within 7 days by sending an email with the below information to email@example.com:
Please send to us in an email:
- photograph of the outer box (including whether it has a Fragile sticker or not);
- photograph of the inside of the box, including the inner packaging; and
- photograph of the damaged item.
If necessary, we will arrange collection of the product from you at no charge. Once we have completed our process and approved your return, we offer one of the following choices to compensate you:
- replace the product (if available); or
- issue a refund voucher for the purchase price of the product; or
- issue a refund (using the same method of payment you originally used for the purchase).
Please note that a refund is not available if the item was received as a gift.
How to return goods to us
There are different methods of returning goods. You must contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org before you return your item and can use any one of the options listed below:
- You may drop off the item at our store in Sandton City. There is no cost associated with using this method;
- You may select a pick-up date and the item will be collected from you. We may charge a fee for this service.
How to package an item you want to return
The item to be returned must be packed in its original packaging in another box with as much padding as possible so that it can be returned safely to us. If the returning product has not been packaged properly and is damaged, then we simply cannot give you a refund. It is your responsibility to package the item safely.
How we handle your refund
Returns within 30 days
You will be offered a GYBC gift voucher, a money refund or an exchange for another LEGO product. Refunds are handled within 10 working days of us acknowledging your return (refunds can take up to 3 working days to reflect in your account).
Refunds are handled within 10 working days of logging the return with us and can take up to 3 working days to reflect in your account. Replacement products might take longer as it depends on whether we have stock available. Your exchange will be expedited to the best of our ability but we cannot guarantee availability.
Goods purchased with vouchers or E-Gift cards
We have two types of vouchers:
- a fixed amount gift, e.g.: R200 paid by gift giver (E-gift voucher)
- a promotional fixed Brick Rewards voucher, e.g. R250 off
Gift vouchers and Brick Rewards are treated the same way. We cannot refund in cash any purchases made with a gift voucher or Brick Rewards. We will either reinstate the used gift voucher or issue you with a new one if you choose to return the goods to us.
If you use a voucher to pay for an order and you later cancel the order (or part thereof) prior to delivery of the goods, or you return one or more goods in accordance with this policy, the value of the fixed voucher will be deducted off the purchase price of the cancelled or returned goods. We will credit you for the balance, if any (or refund you if that is your preference). We will also provide you with a replacement fixed voucher of the same value as the original fixed voucher used. We may in our sole discretion impose restrictions on the use of the replacement fixed voucher. For further information on restrictions on promotional vouchers, please see our voucher terms.
Online transactions cooling-off period
Section 44 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act (2002) may apply to your electronic transactions. If you qualify as a consumer under the ECT Act, you may be entitled to cancel some electronic transactions within seven days, without reason or penalty. 'Cancel' means each party will be placed in the same position that they were in before the transaction took place. This means that you have to return new, unused goods and we will refund the purchase price. Section 44 is only applicable if you are a natural person – in other words, a human being. You must also be the end user of the goods or service. The transaction must be an electronic transaction — a transaction concluded via (in whole or in part) the website, email, or SMS. You must return any goods in new condition with all original packaging and materials (including any accessories or parts). We will refund the purchase price of the goods within 30 days of the date of cancellation. Please send an email to email@example.com and we will assist you to return the goods to us.
For all customer service related queries please contact:
Telephone number: 011 662 1777
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: LEGO Store, Shop L56A, Lower Mall, Sandton City (operated by GYBC)
Postal address: GYBC, Postnet Suite 34, Private Bag 9976, Sandton, 2146
Monday to Thursday 09:00 to 20:00
Friday and Saturday 09:00 to 20:00
Sunday 09:00 to 18:00