Celebrate the wonders of space with this LEGO® NASA Space Shuttle Discovery (10283) model building set for adults. With 2,354 pieces, this engaging challenge lets you build the Space Shuttle Discovery, plus the Hubble Space Telescope, launched on NASA’s STS-31 mission in 1990.
An astronaut’s view
Packed with features, this build marks the amazing accomplishments of Discovery. Open the payload bay to deploy the Hubble Telescope on its mission to explore the cosmos. Adjust the elevons, engage the landing gear on reentry and deploy the robotic arm. The cockpit opens to reveal flight and mid-decks with seats for 5 crew members. The telescope features movable solar panels and an aperture door. The multiple display stands let you display the space shuttle model and telescope individually or together.
A building project for you
The LEGO NASA Space Shuttle Discovery (10283) set is part of a series of buildable models for adults, offering an escape from everyday life with display pieces to admire.
- Take a journey of exploration with this LEGO® NASA Space Shuttle Discovery (10283) model building kit for adults.
- Enjoy hours of immersive building as you create both the Space Shuttle Discovery and the Hubble Space Telescope from NASA’s 1990 NASA STS-31 mission.
- Check out all the authentic features, including the opening payload bay, retractable landing gear, opening cockpit, moving elevons, space arm, plus 5 seats for the crew.
- The Hubble Space Telescope LEGO® build features movable solar panels and a hatch door, just like on the real thing.
- Looking for the best gifts for adults who love a creative project? This space shuttle model will appeal to space enthusiasts and anyone wanting an immersive building challenge, making it a great gift.
- Comes with coffee-table-style instructions that include inspirational design details. With multiple display stands, this space shuttle model makes an eye-catching centerpiece for the home or office.
- The shuttle model measures over 8.5 in. (21 cm) high, 21 in. (54 cm) long and 13.5 in. (34 cm) wide, making it the perfect size to display.
- This space shuttle model is from a series of collectible building kits designed for adult LEGO® fans who appreciate good design – perfect if you’re looking for top gifts for adults who love to build.
- LEGO® building bricks are manufactured from high-quality materials. They’re consistent, compatible and connect and pull apart easily every time – it’s been that way since 1958.
- With LEGO® pieces, safety and quality come first. That’s why they’re rigorously tested so you can be sure that the model is as robust as it is beautiful.
Or how about these
This was one of the most amazing build that I've done. Sits wonderfully next to my Apollo 11 Lego build.
Highly detailed, great built and an amazing display piece..everyone should have one!
One of my favourite builds so far. Looks awesome next to the Saturn 5 and the Moonlander. Great detail, and the Hubble telescope is an amazing addition. Initially meant as a showpiece, the kids can't stop playing with it, which is actually satisfying.
I was given this set for my 50th Birthday, after showing a lot of interest in it. (Got the 10277 Crocodile Locomotive for my 49th).
Firstly, I was extremely impressed with the instruction manual. Very well illustrated, with some pages about the historic flight that Launched the Hubble Telescope, and well little Nuggets of information trough out the manual with interesting facts about the shuttle, mission and the telescope.
The level of detail that has gone into the design of this set is incredible, with a detailed cockpit, moveable crane arm, retractable undercarriage and even including the split rudder that acted as an airbrake for the shuttle.
Each step of the build was a pleasure. Both challenging and enjoyable at the same time.
This set is aimed at adults which means that, while there is some playability with the set, it is aimed at being a display piece. That being said, I often find myself "playing" with the set and changing it's display position.
This set is the one that turned me into a LEGO collector.
I loved using this set as an activity during our family’s self-isolation last year. The design and instruction booklet are fantastic.
The only quibble I have (which is the only reason why the set didn’t get a 5-brick rating) is with the stickers. When it comes to tiles or blocks with graphics, a printed block is far superior to a sticker. Stickers are prone to being applied skew or to forming wrinkles that deface the graphic.
Other than that, a great addition to my collection of space-themed Lego sets. It’s very impressive once it’s on display.