Unplug from your digital life and recall simpler times as you build a LEGO® Ideas model of an old-fashioned typewriter (21327). The design is inspired by the classic typewriter used by the LEGO Group’s founder Ole Kirk Kristiansen, and it moves and sounds just like the real thing. The brick-built center typebar rises each time a letter key is pressed and is linked to the carriage that moves across as you type. There is also a platen roller that you can feed real paper into.
Created by a LEGO fan for fans
Created by a LEGO fan and voted for by LEGO fans, this detailed typewriter model comes with a letter written by Thomas Kirk Kristiansen, a member of the fourth generation of the LEGO Group’s owner family – slot his letter into the typewriter to complete a delightful display piece.
Part of a collection of premium-quality LEGO building kits for adults, this model comes with clear instructions and makes the best gift for yourself, LEGO fans, writers and lovers of all things retro.
- Spark nostalgic feelings and the curiosity of younger fans who have never seen a typewriter before with this LEGO® Ideas build-and-display model (21327) that moves and sounds like the real thing.
- Features a center typebar that rises each time a letter key is pressed, linked to a carriage that moves across as you type, plus a platen roller that you can feed real paper into.
- The design is inspired by the classic typewriter used by the LEGO Group’s founder Ole Kirk Kristiansen.
- Includes a booklet with 43 language versions of a letter written and signed by Thomas Kirk Kristiansen of the LEGO Group’s owner family. Choose your language and put the letter in the typewriter.
- Great for spending quality time alone or with the family, this nostalgic, collectible model makes a unique birthday or holiday gift for yourself, LEGO® fans, writers and lovers of all things retro.
- The typewriter model measures over 4.5 in. (11 cm) high, 10.5 in. (27 cm) wide and 10.5 in. (26 cm) deep and is a delightful display piece to photograph and share pictures of with friends.
- The 2,079-piece buildable model also comes with an illustrated booklet featuring the set’s fan designer and LEGO® designers, plus step-by-step instructions to guide you through this challenging build.
- This building set for adults is part of a collection of exciting LEGO® Ideas models, each created by a fan designer, voted for by thousands of LEGO fans and produced by the LEGO Group.
- Ever since 1958, LEGO® components have met stringent industry standards to ensure that they are compatible and connect consistently for robust builds.
- LEGO® bricks and pieces are tested in almost every way imaginable to make sure that they meet demanding global safety standards.